PEAB 'Work in the Community' Award goes to VegfestUK
over 2000 visitors up on last year!
Dave Spikey to present awards at VegfestUK London in October
Check out our fantastic YouTube presentations
All 133 stalls for Brighton have now been allocated a month before the show
All systems go for new veggie show in London
48 page colour programme free to download, with everything in it!
Tickets on sale for Saturday May 25th 2013
Massive new show in London October 5th 6th 2013
Sarah Jane Honeywell (CBeebies) & Roxy Shahidi (ex Emmerdale) amongst the celebrities at Brighton
First headliners announced for VegfestUK Bristol
Redwood, Fry's, Yaoh, Out of Hand and Good Hemp among the early sponsors
Have you been to VegfestUK events before ?
Book and pay before end of November 2012 and get a 10% discount
Free screenings Nov 1st & 6th in Bristol
Brighton and Bristol dates announced
- VegfestUK: Gert Lush Toon for tonite... Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy t.co/mvLIx1jVNb... t.co/Cmf4BSc95H
- VegfestUK: After Hours Party Saturday May 25th with Bez, Graeme Park and Club Yeyo advance tix only Check this 1989... t.co/43TPragj2q
- VegfestUK: Happy Monday in town Saturday May 25th Bristol Advance tickets Only Rave On!!... t.co/Fhkb9e8134
VegfestUK Brighton is organised by Tim Barford from Yaoh. Tim has been organising veggie events in the UK for a decade now, and his first show was back in 2003 (The Bristol Vegan Fayre, which he founded) attracting around 1500 visitors. Tim organises VegfestUK Brighton in March and VegfestUK Bristol in May, whilst running his hemp company Yaoh.
Tim & his team have recently been honoured by the Vegan Society in their 2011 awards, where he has won the 'Best Vegan Achievement' award, for an outstanding contribution to veganism - see below for details.
Tim is supported by a fantastic team of people including:
- Fred, taking care of the accounts in the office
- Laura, responsible for sales, marketing, Twitter and Facebook
- Philippa, taking care of our stallholders
- Alan - a recent addition to the team
- Mike from Brighton Web Design Company Subzerostudio, our dedicated webman
- Out Of Hand, taking care of all our print and design requirements (www.outofhand.co.uk )
- Excellart, our ethical PR team (www.excellart.co.uk )
- Mad Promotions, our veggie pr team (www.mad-promotions.co.uk )
- Yaoh hemp products for all round support (www.yaoh.co.uk )
- Foods for Life for consultancy and advice (www.foodsforlife.co.uk )
- Delta Security
- Dime Events
- Muir Walker Medics
- Our main sponsors over the years, including Beanies, Nakd Wholefoods, Bute Island, The Vegan Society, Redwood Foods and many many more....
- + big help from the UK's leading vegan campaigners including Viva!, Animal Aid, Sea Shepherd and many many more
- + a wide network of individuals, groups, charities, businesses and people accross the UK and beyond, who all work together to help organise, promote and produce VegfestUK Brighton - one of Europe's biggest veggie events. Big thanks to all those helping out - appreciated
events that Tim and his team have organised
2012 VegfestUK Bristol
2011 VegfestUK Bristol
VegfestUK Bristol Fringe
2010 Bristol Eco Veggie Fayre
Brighton Eco Veggie Fayre
2009 Reading Eco Veggie Fayre
Croydon Eco Veggie Fayre
Bristol Vegan Fayre
Brighton Vegan Fayre
2008 Bristol Vegan Fayre
2007 Bristol Vegan Fayre
2006 Bristol Vegan Fayre
2005 Bristol Vegan Fayre
2004 Bristol Vegan Fayre
2003 Bristol Vegan Fayre
Tim Barford wins the Vegan Achievment Award 2011 for VegfestUK
VegfestUK Bristol & Brighton Organiser honoured in Awards Ceremony
The organiser of the world’s biggest veggie events, held annually in Bristol and Brighton, has been honoured for his work by The Vegan Society in their recent awards ceremony. Tim Barford, founder of VegfestUK, won the ‘Best Vegan Achievement’ award in the 2011 ceremony for his outstanding work in creating what has become the biggest vegan events anywhere in the world.
Thousands of visitors flocked to the two free VegfestUK events during 2011 and many more read about the shows in the media, and over 100 stalls exhibited at both events alongside a full programme of talks, cookery demos, workshops, films and presentations about a wide variety of aspects of the vegan lifestyle.
Tim started his first vegan event back in 2003 and is already planning his events for 2012. ‘Interest in the vegan lifestyle is growing at quite a rate’ says Tim ‘and that is reflected in the growth of the shows. What started back in 2003 with 40 stallholders and 1500 visitors has grown to see over 16,000 visitors to Brighton and Bristol in 2011, with even more expected in 2012 as both show grow an extra day to cope with demand. It’s become a full time occupation and I am very honoured to be recognised by The Vegan Society for the contribution made towards helping people adopt a veggie/vegan lifestyle. It’s never been more important to encourage people to go down this route, what with the significant advantages a plant based diet has to health, animal welfare, global food production and the environment.’
Tim is quick to point out though that this achievement is not about just himself, but a whole team of supporters, sponsors, stallholders, volunteers and contractors. ‘The thing about VegfestUK is that it really is a team game’, says Tim. ‘It would be unthinkable to be able to achieve so much without the help of so many, and this award is really an award to be shared with hundreds if not thousands of others. It’s a fantastic feeling when people come together to achieve so much as a team, and to be at the helm of such a ship is a real honour in itself, and now an even bigger honour since the announcement of this award.’
Tim – who manages his own hemp company Yaoh (www.yaoh.co.uk) – runs VegfestUK as a full time volunteer and doesn’t take a wage or expenses for his efforts, and his events for 2012 remain completely free to the public. VegfestUK Brighton is on March 17th and 18th 2012 and Bristol is on 25th – 27th May 2012 – for more information about these two events see the website www.vegfest.co.uk
To view the results on the Vegan Society website please visit http://www.vegansociety.com/about/vegan-awards/award-results.aspx
For more information about VegfestUK events or interviews with Tim, contact 0117 3079872 or email email@example.com