Policy for Visitors with Disabilities at VegfestUK Brighton 2018
9th March 2018
VegfestUK Brighton has in place a number of measures to ensure that visitors with disabilities are welcome at this year’s event on March 24-25 at the Brighton Centre:
- Visitors with disabilities are welcome to purchase a concessions ticket here, and request a free ticket for a carer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitors with disabilities are welcome to come to the front of the queue at other times.
- Visitors with invisible illnesses are welcome to request priority entrance or assistance.
- Priority entry is available for visitors with disabilities, mobility scooters, etc on both days.
- Accessible toilets are clearly marked on the maps on signage posters erected on the walls of the venue.
- In each talks room with rows of seating, seats will be made available for visitors with disabilities in the front row of the talks rooms, and spaces for wheelchairs/mobility scooters made available. Anyone who is hard of hearing, or has a disability, and requires front-row seating, should make themselves known to stewards manning the talks room in question, and priority seating will be arranged.
- For some talks, there will be a British Sign Language (BSL) Interpreter available, updates will be posted on the event website before the event.
- Elevators are readily available at the venue for visitors with disabilities to go from one floor to another – locations of elevators at the venue are clearly marked on signage posters at the event.
If you have any requests, concerns, or questions please email email@example.com in advance of the event, thanks.
What to expect at the event
The festival consists of
- around 230 stalls including 19 globally inspired food caterers,
- The FxEctive Factor vegan talent contest on Saturday,
- a Veganuary “class of 2018” reunion party on Sunday,
- The Vegan Academy,
- talks on Plant-Based Diets: Optimum Health,
- talks on Plant-Based Diets: Optimum Performance,
- a Vegan Comedy Festival,
- a Vegan Activists Corner,
- a Kids Area,
- an Art Exhibition,
- Cookery Demos,
- a Mature Zone and
- Live Music.
Read the full event programme here: www.brighton.vegfest.co.uk/programme
Advance tickets are now on sale at www.brighton.vegfest.co.uk/tickets
Invite your friends to the event via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/475236116200375/